9/15/10

Diaper Cover

As promised, I finished the diaper cover today to match the wipes cover. I don't have any diapers to show in the case, so just use your imagination. Here are pictures:




I did the Velcro in opposite directions to increase the ability to close the cover no matter how empty or full the case was.


I learned a few things during this project:

1. don't use adhesive Velcro, it gums up the needle on the sewing machine...such a pain!
2. Plan what you want the cover to look like before you start assembling. I hadn't decided how I wanted to embellish it until after I was finished...it's much more difficult to sew ribbon on a finished project than it would have been to sew it on before assembling!
3. Iron your seams! even if you think you don't need to, it makes everything so much easier and the project just lays better.

Glad I'm done. Now I need to finish some projects I started weeks ago before I took this lovely break to make a quick gift.

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I'm sure she will love the gift! That was so nice of you to spend the time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really liked the wipes cover and diaper cover! I was glad it went over so well! She seemed pretty happy.

    ReplyDelete